(version in force since 1.4.2021)
For the purposes of this Policy, the term personal data (as defined in the Law of Ukraine On the Personal Data Protection No. 2297-XII dated 1 June 2010) shall mean any information or set of data about an individual that is identified or can be specifically identified.
This Policy applies to all personal data that you provide us and that Ilyashev & Partners collects about you, including information on how you use our website.
Ilyashev & Partners hereby declares that it takes due care of the confidentiality and integrity of the transmitted information and ensures an appropriate level of protection and use of the personal data we collected directly from you or from the third parties authorized by you in electronic form or on the physical storage media. The nature of the information collected by Ilyashev and Partners depends on the confidentiality restrictions you have established and, therefore, we hereby ask you to read and acknowledge this Policy.
- How and what personal data are collected?
We collect only those personal data that you provide us with at your own discretion, directly or through the third parties authorized by you, in order to provide you, or persons connected with you by the civil law relations, with information about Ilyashev & Partners and/or services or to decide on cooperation and the conclusion of contracts.
In particular, such personal data may include, inter alia:
- contact information (for instance, first/last name, telephone numbers, postal and/or e-mail address and other contact information provided by you);
- business information about the (potential) client: postal and/or e-mail address, position in the company and other personal data about the person submitting the request, as well as information contained in the request itself;
- registration information: your requests for newsletters/publications, registration for events/seminars organized by Ilyashev & Partners;
- information about candidates: personal data of persons who send their CVs through the website;
- social media profile information that you provided to that resources when interacting with Ilyashev & Partners through various social networks.
We do not collect or process personal data concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political views and membership in political parties and trade unions;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- criminal convictions;
- health or medical conditions;
- sexual life or sexual identity;
- genetic or biometric data,
(hereinafter referred to as the Sensitive Personal Data).
We kindly ask you neither to send us, nor to disclose any Sensitive Personal Data through the website, nor in any other way whatsoever communicate it to us. However, we will still process such information if you provide it to our representatives during the conversation, and you voluntarily consent to such processing when contacting us and/or in any other way.
We collect your personal data in a number of ways. In particular, although not exclusively, your personal data may be obtained when you send your e-mail or request, which contains your personal data, to Ilyashev and Partners through the website or through other channels, or when you use our website, or when you subscribe to or request our newsletters or other materials, or when you participate in the events held/organized by Ilyashev & Partners, or when you use our legal or other services, or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our employees and clients, or when you respond to our messages or requests for information.
We may collect and process your personal data in the course of our business, including when you use our website and when you communicate with us by email.
- What is the purpose of your personal data processing?
Ilyashev & Partners processes the obtained personal data in strict adherence to this Policy and the requirements of the Ukrainian legislation currently in force. We do not use your personal data for any other purpose, unless we receive your permission to do so or unless such use is mandatory or permitted by law or professional standards.
As a rule, Ilyashev & Partners collects only the information that is required to process your request and to be able to contact you, to fulfill our contractual obligations, or to send you the customized information of an advertising and marketing nature. Should we require any additional information, you will be notified thereof at the time of collection of such information.
According to the requirements of the Ukrainian legislation and subject to the availability of proper grounds, the following purposes of personal data processing shall be allowed:
- responding to your request (fulfillment of contractual obligations): the processing of your personal data is required to fulfill our obligations under the agreement for the provision of legal and other services to you;
- fulfillment of a duty established by law: the processing of your personal data is required to fulfill our duty established by law, for example, for tax purposes or for the provision of information to a particular state or law enforcement agency, as well as to comply with the law requirements and orders (instructions) of the regulatory bodies;
- existence of legitimate interests: the processing of your personal data when it falls within the scope of our legitimate interests associated with our legal business activities, and when it is required for further performance of such activities, provided that such processing does not violate your interests, inter alia, to carry out marketing activities and analyse their results or to fulfill our obligations in the field of corporate and social responsibility;
- other purposes: in certain cases, we will ask your specific consent to the processing of your personal data, and such processing will be carried out only subject to your written consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and indicating the purpose for which you provided your personal data to us.
- What kind of personal data transfer do we carry out?
For the purpose of providing legal and other services, we may need to transfer your personal data to other firms being the members of the Ilyashev & Partners’ network within the framework of international projects, when we are obliged to comply with the requirements provided for by the laws and regulations of other countries, or when the compliance with such requirements is desirable.
We do not transfer your personal data to the third parties not associated with Ilyashev & Partners, unless it is required for the purpose of carrying out our professional activities, processing your requests, fulfilling contractual obligations and/or required or permitted by law or professional standards. In addition, Ilyashev & Partners may transfer certain personal data outside Ukraine to the third-party organizations working with us or on our instructions, or acting on our behalf, for the purposes listed in this Policy. In most cases, Ilyashev & Partners stores personal data outside the European Economic Area. At the same time, in order to achieve the goals specified herein, we may transfer your personal data outside Ukraine. In these cases, the protection of your personal data will continue to be carried out in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreements concluded by us. Where appropriate, the aforementioned agreements will include standard data protection clauses in a form approved by the European Commission. You can always obtain the relevant information regarding any transfer of your personal data to the third parties (including the appropriate transfer mechanisms) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ilyashev & Partners undertakes not to transfer the personal data provided by you to the third parties for the purpose of their further use by such persons for the direct marketing purposes.
- What are your rights as regards the personal data processing?
In relation to your personal data, processed by Ilyashev & Partners, under certain circumstances you shall have the right to:
- be aware of the sources of collection, the location of your personal data, the purpose of their processing, the location of the personal data owner or controller;
- receive information about the conditions for provision of access to your personal data, including information about the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred;
- access your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of any personal data that we hold about you and to receive information about your personal data processing;
- request updating or correcting any inaccuracies in your personal data or supplementing any incomplete personal data stored by us by sending us a request to the effect;
- make reservations concerning the restriction of the right to process your personal data when giving your consent thereto;
- withdraw your consent to the personal data processing;
- know the logic involved in any automatic processing of your personal data and to be protected from an automated decision which produces legal effects;
- demand the deletion of your personal data if you believe that the storage period has been unjustifiably exceeded, and – under certain circumstances – require their processing to a limited extent only, and/or receive the printouts of your personal data stored by us in electronic form;
- submit complaints about the processing of your personal data to the regulatory body responsible for the protection of personal data, or to the court.
To exercise any of the above rights you might contact us by:
- sending your request at: email@example.com;
- calling our Data Protection Officer: +380 44 494 1919; or
- sending your request in writing at the address: 11 Kudriavska Street, Kyiv, 04053, Ukraine.
When contacting, please clearly indicate the purpose for which you provided us with your personal data, what information you want to receive, review, change, delete or stop processing. We will use all reasonable and practicable efforts to meet your request, provided that it does not contradict the law and professional standards.
- How do we protect your personal data?
Ilyashev & Partners has adopted and successfully implements the protection arrangements and policies designed to protect the personal data from loss, unauthorized use, modification or deletion.
At the same time, in the light of all existing threats to information security, it is impossible to guarantee the personal data safety, even despite all the efforts that Ilyashev & Partners will make. For our part, we do our best to ensure that your personal data are accessed only by those persons who need such data to perform their official duties. The persons having access to the personal data are obliged to keep them confidential.
We endeavor to retain the personal data only for the period of time that we need such information to i) fulfill requests and/or contractual obligations, ii) comply with the legal requirements, the requirements of regulatory bodies, the internal administrative activities or the internal policy requirements, or iii) until the person that provided such personal data contacts us with a request to delete the said data. The retention period generally depends on the specific events and circumstances in which the personal data were collected.
- Links to other websites and Google Analytics
When you visit our site, you may see links to other websites, applications and platforms provided by other, third-party companies. We bear no responsibility for such websites, applications and platforms, and this Policy does not apply thereto. You should review the terms and conditions of policies that such companies have posted on their websites, applications and platforms to understand how they protect your privacy.
Ilyashev & Partners uses the Google Analytics web service. See the detailed information on the use of Google Analytics by Ilyashev & Partners here: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
- Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time in order to reflect the current procedure used to ensure the safety of personal data.
We will inform about all significant changes/amendments hereto in advance, before introducing such changes, by posting a relevant clear and noticeable notice of changes on our website. The continued use of our website and services after the publication of changes hereto means that you have read and accepted all changes.
Each time we introduce any changes, we will indicate the date of version hereof currently in force on the first page of this Policy. In order to find out how Ilyashev & Partners ensures the protection of your personal data, we recommend that you regularly familiarize yourself with the latest version of this Policy.
You are free to download, print or otherwise store a copy of this Policy (and of any updated version hereof).
 In this Policy the term Ilyashev & Partners, as well as the pronoun we and its derived personal pronouns, shall mean Bar Association Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm, located at the address: 11 Kudriavska Street, Kyiv, 04053, Ukraine, contact phone: +380 (44) 494 19 19, as well as one or more firms being the members of the Ilyashev & Partners’ network, each of which is an independent legal entity.