News date: 28 December 2018
The Head of International Trade practice Olena Omelchenko appointed as Partner at Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm. This is the first partnership announcement at Ilyashev & Partners since 2006.
«In recent years, we have noted the ever-growing demand for the services of the company in international trade, – which indicates the high quality of the firm’s services, – says Mikhail Ilyashev, Managing Partner of Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm. – The appointment of Olena Omelchenko, the head of practice, will allow us to effectively develop this practice in the future, that also testifies to the high appreciation of her business and personal qualities. We understand that we are moving in the same direction with Olena and she is close to us in spirit. Together we can maintain the pace of development of our law firm.”
Olena joined the Ilyashev & Partners team in 2014 in the period of active growth of the company. Under her supervision, the international trade practice of Ilyashev & Partners became the market leader.
“I am grateful to my colleagues for their trust, – comments Olena Omelchenko. – In a short time, the international trade law practice of Ilyashev & Partners has achieved the largest clients in the market and participated in interesting projects. I am glad to be a part of the firm and realize my potential with a team of like-minded people”.
Olena Omelchenko is a lawyer, PhD in Law, member of the Council on International Trade at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Expert of the Public Council at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. She is the Head of the Working Group on International Trade at the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (ACC). Olena has 15 years’ substantial experience related to WTO rules, antidumping, safeguard and antisubsidy investigations in Ukraine and abroad, application of regional preferential agreements, export control and economic sanctions, customs regulation and adaptation of Ukrainian legislation to EU legislation.
Olena Omelchenko is known as one of the leading consultants in the field of international trade, trade remedies and the WTO in Ukraine. Olena participated in numerous international trade negotiations, was a member of the negotiating group for the preparation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU, free trade agreements between Ukraine and Canada, Turkey, Serbia and other states. In 2015, Olena was an advisor to the Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Since 2017, Olena Omelchenko is included in the international rating of Who’s Who Legal as one of the leading experts in the field of international trade and customs law, practicing in Ukraine. According to the results of the annual all-Ukrainian research “Client’s Сhoice: TOP-100 Best Lawyers of Ukraine – 2018”, published by “Yurydychna Gazeta”, Olena Omelchenko entered the hundred best lawyers of Ukraine in the opinion of business representatives..
The sphere of specialization of Olena Omelchenko includes support of antidumping, safeguard, antisubsidy investigations in which she successfully advised well-known national and foreign industrial companies, major exporters and importers. Also, Olena has experience in the implementation of projects in the field of legal expertise and the development of draft laws and regulatory acts of Ukraine.
Some recent projects with the participation of Olena Omelchenko include:
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to EU of ferrosilicon originating in Ukraine and Egypt.
• Review of the antidumping duties regarding the import of silicomanganese to the USA originating in Ukraine and China.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of portland cement and clinker originating in the Russian Federation, Republic of Belarus and Republic of Moldova.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of carbamide-formaldehyde concentrate and carbamide-formaldehyde resin originating in the Russian Federation.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of certain types of chocolate originating in the Russian Federation.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of salt originating in Belarus.
• Review of special (safeguard) duties on import to Ukraine of porcelain dishware and silverware.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of carbamide originating in the Russian Federation/
• Special (safeguard) investigation regarding import to Ukraine flexible porous plates, blocks and plates made of polyurethane foam regardless of the country of origin.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of float-glass originating in the Russian Federation.
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of carbon and other alloy steel bars originating in Belarus and Moldova
• The antidumping investigation regarding import to Ukraine of syringes originating in Turkey, India and China.
• The lifting of special foreign economic activity sanctions on the territory of Ukraine
Founded in 1997, Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm is one of the most prominent and authoritative full-service law offices of CEE region. Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm has won Legal Award 2017 in the nomination “Law Firm of the Year in International Trade”. Ilyashev & Partners is one of the five leading law firms in Ukraine in the field of international trade according to the results of annual research of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Since 2017 Ilyashev & Partners is recognized as one of the best law firms in the world in the field of international trade and customs law regarding to the international rating Who’s Who Legal. In 2018, Ilyashev & Partners took 1st place in the international trade practice in the rating “Market Leaders 2018”.