News date: 7 July 2020
Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm won the Legal Award in the nomination “Law Firm of the Year in Cross-Border Litigation”. The award in this category was bestowed for the first time in the 14-year history of the prestigious professional award in Ukraine.
Ilyashev & Partners provides legal support and counseling in the largest cross-border litigations involving Ukrainian companies. Over the past 12 months, Ilyashev & Partners provided legal support in litigations in Russia, Germany, England and Wales, Canada, the Czech Republic, France, Lithuania, Cyprus, and provided their expert opinion in the courts of the United States, England and Wales, and the Netherlands.
According to the results of 2020, Mikhail Ilyashev, the Managing Partner of Ilyashev & Partners, was recognized the “Lawyer of the Year in Litigation”. This is his second win in this nomination for the last four years.
A special award, Maksym Kopeychykov Legal Award, was bestowed upon the best law firm of the year in taxation – Moris Group.
Moreover, Ilyashev & Partners was listed among the finalists in the following nominations:
- Law Firm of the Year in Litigation;
- Law Firm of the Year in Arbitration;
- Law Firm of the Year in Bankruptcy;
- Law Firm of the Year in Government Relations;
- Law Firm of the Year.
The short-list of personal nominations includes:
- Roman Marchenko, Senior Partner, as the “Lawyer of the Year in Arbitration”;
- Oleksandr Fefelov, Partner, Head of Antitrust and Competition Practice, Attorney at Law, as the “Lawyer of the Year in Competition”;
- Vadym Kizlenko, Counsel, Attorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver, as the “Lawyer of the Year in Troubled Debts”;
- Andrii Konoplia, Counsel, Attorney at Law, Insolvency Receiver, as the “Lawyer of the Year in Bankruptcy”.
In 2020, the Legal Awards were given in 49 nominations, and the representatives of more than 65 law firms in Ukraine competed to get one. In total, about 300 nomination forms were submitted to the Nomination Commission. The results of Legal Awards 2020 were announced on 3 July 2020. The event is organized by Yurydychna Praktyka Publishing House.